Key Social Tools for the Digital Non-Profit #socialtoolkit
Hannah Ettema, digital communications lead for the National Forest Foundation, joins the show to discuss how the NFF built a loyal Facebook following and how they are continuing to interact, engage, and grow, as well as, her social media scheduler of choice, a “game changing” Instagram app, and email strategy for improved fundraising results.
— National Forest Fdn. (@NationalForests) July 10, 2015
Brought to you by:
- App of the Week: Silicon Valley Dictionary, a hilarious, and deadly accurate, dictionary of startup buzzwords (Yarby calls it the Urban Dictionary for startups)
- Building a viable Facebook community
- How NFF built their following
- Making the best use of Facebook Ads
- Creating and curating great visual content
- How NFF is using Social Flow for effective scheduling
- How the “brain”, or algorithm, of Social Flow bases it’s scheduling performance off previous post performances.
- The percentage of Hannah’s content going through social flow vs. native posting.
- The type of content Hannah will schedule. and the frequency of posts to each social channel.
- The game changing Instagram app
- The hassle of switching back and forth between accounts has been removed
- Hannah and National Forest Foundation have both become more active on Instagram as a result
- Fundraising results through email marketing
- National Forest Foundation’s email strategy
- Engaging the community through email with the organizations efforts
- Merging the two worlds of email marketing and fundraising